This is a big, bold and beautiful Nedlands family home, in a prime location, with river and city views, within walking distance to Nedlands Golf course.
Positioned in leafy Thomas Street, on a spacious 1,012sqm block, the property boasts 4 enormous bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a large study, garaging for 6 cars, and multiple formal and casual living areas, across three impressive levels.
The stately, rendered facade includes high double entry doors, lush, manicured topiary gardens and an electric security gate and intercom for your peace of mind. Step inside, and you’ll be greeted by the granite floor tiles, a wrought-iron chandelier and soaring void, all bathed in light pouring through the large sky window above the curved central staircase.
You’ll find three ground floor bedrooms, including a superbly appointed guest suite with an ensuite bathroom. The family bathroom boasts a granite-topped vanity, a recessed bathtub, a semi-frameless shower and a separate powder room.
The large study overlooks the front gardens and features stunning hand-carved cabinetry (negotiable with the sale).
The ground floor includes a family lounge/games room, designed to contain noise. Kids of all ages will love this space that is large enough to accommodate a pool table or even a table-tennis table! There is a kitchenette and the first of two wraparound balconies that overlook the pool and grounds below.
Up the sweeping central staircase and you come to the main living level of the home. From here you enjoy sweeping views east back to the towers in Perth’s CBD, a wide arc of the Swan River, and back to the Darling Scarpe. The open-plan living and dining area opens onto the second-floor balcony where there is ample room for an outdoor dining setting. This all connects seamlessly to the family kitchen, with American Oak cabinetwork, abundant benchtop space and absolutely tonnes of storage including two walk-in pantry cupboards. The kitchen is well equipped with a Miele dishwasher and 5-burner cooktop and a Smeg wall oven.
The large and opulent main bedroom suite overlooks the tree-lined streetscape, with a private balcony and electric blinds. The double-sided walk-through robe offers expansive storage, and the elegant ensuite features an indulgent corner spa bath, twin granite vanities, a semi-frameless shower and WC. This level is also home to more formal living and dining rooms. Perfect for formal entertaining or retreating to with a good book and your beverage of choice.
The lower level includes a separate double entry from the side driveway and a four-car lock up undercroft garage. Thee udercroft is also home to the large wine cellar and extra storage. In the pool house is an additional double carport, all behind secure gates.
The pool, spa, lawn and timber decking are the key features of the family orientated backyard. The pool house has its own bathroom and kitchenette, making living and entertaining around the pool in the summer months a breeze. There’s also an expanse of lawn and an enormous fig tree providing shade over the spa – how indulgent!
This enviable position is moments from two local primary schools, spectacular Melvista Park and Nedlands Golf Club, UWA and Matilda Bay Reserve. The Nedlands hospital precinct is on your doorstep, as is the Claremont Quarter, Waratah Avenue cafes and amenities and Kings Park and Botanic Garden.
• Four bedrooms, 4 bathrooms (plus 2 powder rooms), including three bedrooms on the ground floor
• Sweeping views of Perth City and the Swan River
• Full 1,012sqm block
• Spacious balconies
• Large home office
• American oak kitchen with granite benches and European appliances
• Additional kitchenettes in the games room and pool house
• Granite floor tiles
• High ceilings and picture rails
• Curved staircase with electric ‘stair chair’ and wrought-iron balustrading
• Multiple formal and casual living areas
• Masses of built-in storage and cabinetry
• Split system, reverse-cycle air conditioning throughout
• Four-car undercroft garage, plus two-vehicle secure carport
• Ducted vacuuming system
• Large sky window above the staircase
• Electric gate and intercom system
• Pool (new filter and cleaner), spa and bathing deck
• Pool house with kitchenette and bathroom
• Reticulated gardens from a shared bore
• Gas storage hot water system
• Established fig and lemon tree
• 250m to Melvista Park
• 350m to Loreto Nedlands Primary School
• 680m to Nedlands Primary School
• 1.1km to JH Abrahams Reserve
• 1.4km to the University of WA
• 2.4km to the Nedlands hospital precinct
• 3km to Loch Street Station
• 2.9km to Christ Church Grammar School
• 1.8km to Waratah Village cafes and amenities
• 2.9km to the Claremont Quarter
• 2.3km to Kings Park and Botanic Gardens
COUNCIL RATES: $4,267.64 PA
WATER RATES: $2,048.17 PA
- 4 bed
- 4 bath
- 6 Car
- Total Land Area: 1,012 m²
- 2 Ensuite
- 6 Garage