SUNNY PARKSIDE FAMILY HOME
Leafy, light-filled and oh-so liveable – this spectacular property comprises a beautiful 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom family residence plus a spacious ground floor fully self-contained 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom granny flat
The Main Residence
Occupying a sprawling 1,093sqm corner block looking north out across Mason Gardens, the Carolyn Marshall designed home was built in 1997, with passive solar orientation creating a breathtaking sense of space and light throughout. During the cooler months, the North facing living areas and bedrooms are enveloped in warm winter sun. In summertime they are cool and airy. The home is focused toward the park from its elevated position, as well as embracing its very private, central sheltered central courtyard and pool.
Downstairs, beyond the welcoming cedar double-entry doors, you’ll find a formal lounge room with extensive built-in timber shelving, lending itself to a library or home office as required. Further in, you’ll be impressed with the high ceiling in the family room, complete with built-in timber cabinetry and a Kalora slow combustion stove that warms the whole house.
Along with the dining area and beautifully appointed kitchen, this space boasts expansive timber windows and French doors, allowing you to enjoy the picturesque front gardens and stunning parkland outlook beyond.
On the ground floor, private and separate from the upstairs bedrooms, the master suite incorporates a vast bedroom, generous walk-through robe and an ensuite bathroom with a separate WC/powder room. Enjoy the tranquil outlook to the alfresco gardens and inviting saltwater pool from this elegant retreat.
On the second level, you’ll find the second bathroom and three further north-facing king sized bedrooms, which feature ceiling fans, split system air conditioning and balcony access offering magnificent views of Mason Gardens and the leafy streetscape.
Outdoors, an enchanting arbour adorned by a thriving non-fruiting grapevine shelters the paved alfresco area and flows on to the large saltwater pool framed by glass balustrading and olive trees. This lovely space will be the setting for your family BBQ’s and celebrations over the coming summer months.
The Granny Flat
With its own carport and entrance, this versatile, self-contained dwelling will suit a variety of purposes. Perfect for elderly parents to enjoy continued independence, for an older child still living at home or as a short stay accommodation income stream. It has a private courtyard with parkland views and access to the primary residence’s secure courtyard, lawn and pool area via a side gate.
The semi-ensuite bathroom/laundry is wheelchair accessible, and the ceiling fan and air conditioning ensure comfortable temperatures year-round. In the kitchen, you’ll find plenty of cabinets and bench space, an electric oven, gas cooktop, and a dishwasher recess.
This unique property is private and secure, with only one immediate neighbour. Its elevated corner position and absolute parkside location make it a highly desirable opportunity, along with its proximity to the Waratah Avenue shopping precinct, Matilda Bay Reserve and, nearby Swan River.
Enjoy the selection of prestigious private schools nearby, high-end shopping at the Claremont Quarter and convenient access to the University of Western Australia, and Perth’s CBD.
Contact Peter Robertson for further information and to register your interest in this superb family home today.
• 4 kingsized bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms in family residence
• Self-contained 1×1 granny flat with own entrance, carport and courtyard
• Designed by architect Carolyn Marshall, constructed 1997
• Double lock-up garage plus carport to granny flat
• Solar passive design principles, with broad north-facing orientation
• 1,093sqm corner block with only one immediate neighbour
• Extensive built-in timber cabinetry
• Timber external doors, window frames and venetian blinds
• Separation between the master suite and upstairs bedrooms
• Terracotta tiling to traffic and kitchen/dining areas, carpets to living and bedrooms
• Reticulated cottage gardens with ornamental trees, citrus, wisteria, jasmine and crepe myrtle
• Kalora wood stove in the family room
• Paved alfresco with grapevine-covered arbour
• Large concrete pool with frameless glass balustrading
• Split system air conditioning and ceiling fans to all bedrooms
• Directly overlooking Masons Gardens
• 860m to Melvista Park
• 1.7km to the Claremont Quarter
• 990m to Dalkeith Primary School
• 1.6km to Loreto Nedlands Primary School
• 1.9km to Christ Church Grammar School
• 2.3km to MLC Claremont
• 1.1km to Mrs Herbert’s Park
• 2.4km to Matilda Bay Reserve
• 1.3km to Stirling Highway
• 4.4km to Cottesloe beaches
WATER RATES: $2,266.35 PA
COUNCIL RATES: $5,169.17 PA
- 5 bed
- 3 bath
- 3 Car
- Total Land Area: 1,093 m²
- Total Floor Area: 523 m²
- 3 Garage
- Remote Garage
- Secure Parking
- Built In Robes
- Outdoor Entertaining