Warmth and charm abound in this large Mediterranean influenced, two-storey character home on its massive 1378sqm block, on the high side of one of the suburb’s most popular streets.
This home was made for families. The configuration of the rooms, the positioning on the block and the versatility afforded by the fully secure and private front and backyards, all go into what makes this an exceptional offering. Excellent for entertaining, or kicking back and relaxing as a family, no matter the season. Floor-to-ceiling bi-fold doors connect the open-plan kitchen and dining area with the home’s gorgeous rear gardens. Velux skylights over the dining area provide an abundance of natural light.
The jaw-dropping new kitchen features a sweeping breakfast bar comfortably seating five, with designer pendant lighting suspended above. Its black granite benchtops and white cabinetry bring in a Hamptons feel, and stainless-steel appliances include a Neff induction cooktop, double oven and an integrated Bosch dishwasher. There is ample storage space with reams of soft-closing cabinetry and a walk-in pantry equipped with an automated light. You’ll love the stunning view towards the beautifully manicured lawns and terraced gardens, and the feeling of connection between the interior and exterior entertaining spaces.
There are multiple living areas downstairs to relax and enjoy a range of activities. There’s a formal lounge and dining wing at the front featuring French doors, a beautiful fireplace and extra high windows that overlook the lush gardens and pool area. The dining area would also make an ideal home library, with wall-to-wall built-in bookshelves.
The conservatory-style media/living room is a spacious, light-filled retreat, featuring sky-high windows and French doors with shutters, rustic terracotta tiles and a freestanding wood burner fireplace. Make this room a cosy night in or an airy, sun-drenched area to relax with a good book and beverage of choice.
There’s also another lounge/games room/office towards the rear, with a climate-controlled walk-in wine cellar. This would also make a great home theatre or music room.
Head to the upper level, where you will find the bedroom wing. It features 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. The main bedroom has a walk-through dressing room, additional cupboard space and its own ensuite with stone-clad walls and floors. There are twin vanities, WC and a separate bath and shower. The other four bedrooms all large and feature built-in robes with extra storage available in two linen closets. The other two family bathrooms are similar in design and tiled with beautiful Travertine stone.
Outside, the unique swimming pool is lined with green and blue glass beads and framed by glass balustrading. There is an excellent and highly versatile north-facing pool house which could be used as a gym, studio, or yoga room. It has its own full ensuite bathroom. The backyard also features a in-built barbecue and pizza oven, perfect for hosting pool parties and sundowners!
The home features two double carports opposing each other with a workroom/storage attached to one.
This is a fully secure property with a large wall and electronic gate on the street side, and well screened by a grove of mature olive trees and gardens.
This family home is conveniently close to schools for all ages, with Dalkeith Primary School, Christ Church Grammar, Methodist Ladies College and UWA just moments away. Broadway Market and the Claremont Quarter are nearby for an endless array of shops, restaurants and cafes. Spend lazy weekends along the shores of the Swan River or enjoy picnics and city views at Kings Park and Botanic Gardens.
A rare find in the heart of Dalkeith.
• Massive 1,382sqm block
• 5 spacious bedrooms, 5 bathrooms
• Timeless Mediterranean influenced style
• Custom-built automatic timber gate
• 4 car parking
• Reverse cycle air conditioning
• Workroom and storeroom
• Separate pool house with ensuite bathroom
• Glass bead-lined swimming pool
• Pizza oven and built-in barbeque
• Neff induction cooktop and double oven
• Limestone terraced gardens
• Solid timber flooring and terracotta tiles
• Over-height French doors throughout
• Freestanding wood fireplace
Location (approx. distances):
• Nearby bus stops along Beatrice Road
• 700m to Dalkeith Primary School
• 900m to Tucker Fresh IGA
• 900m to Dalkeith Medical Centre
• 1.5km to Point Resolution Reserve
• 1.6km to Nedlands Golf Club
• 1.8km to Perth Flying Squadron Yacht Club
• 2.1km to Nedlands Yacht Club
• 2.4km to Broadway Fair Shopping Centre
• 2.7km to University of Western Australia
• 2.9km to Claremont Jetty Fishing Spot
• 3.2km to Christ Church Grammar School
• 3.5km to Claremont Quarter
• 3.9km to Kings Park and Botanical Gardens
• 4.5km to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital
• 5.3km to Presbyterian Ladies’ College
WATER RATES: $2227.87 PA
COUNCIL RATES: $5,513.28 PA
- 5 bed
- 5 bath
- 4 Car
- Total Land Area: 1,378 m²
- Total Floor Area: 618 m²
- 4 Garage